I have discovered a number of designer-makers who make a diverse range of adornments for the home. This includes different types of lighting, glass objects, ceramics and soft furnishings. I also upcycle pieces of old furniture using paint, tiles and exquisite fabrics. All pieces at HUB are made in the UK with passion, skill, artistry and in small quantities. They are contemporary and stylish without being brash or inaccessible.
If you are building a new house, an extension or just refurbishing a room I can help you with:
- Creating an overall look
- Advising you on lighting
- Helping with one or two finishing touches, unique to your home
- Advising you where to buy furniture
- Commissioning curtains and soft furnishings
- Complete project management if you’re just too busy with other things.
It’s one thing to build or buy a house but the art of creating a home can be much harder. HUB can help you put the finishing touches to your home in a unique and affordable way. You won’t find my pieces on the high street and you will be supporting the fruits of British designer-maker talent.
And just a few final thoughts:
- Don’t worry whenever you see the word ‘design’ or ‘designer’ on this site. Most prices are only marginally higher than the mass market.
- All HUB products can embellish any style of home and will sit happily next to your existing furniture – I love mixing the old with the new and can even advise you on how to breathe new life into some of your old favourites.
- I can’t stress enough the importance of getting the lighting right in your home. Think carefully about what you do in a room and what type of atmosphere you are trying to create – you may need different lights to perform a variety of functions. Remember – eyes are always drawn to lighting so make sure it’s gorgeous.
- Don’t over clutter - let your beautiful HUB pieces shine out.
- Lastly, don’t swim with the mainstream. Choosing and commissioning bespoke pieces for your home is pleasurable and so are the compliments you will receive from your friends.
Contact me if you’re feeling inspired!
Visit Terms and Conditions for information on fees.
Interior design photography: Dan Burn-Forti